Saturday, July 18, 2009

Not that I'm not feeling original, or anything, but it is late and I am naked. So, I think everyone should read this on-target writing advice.


Two parts I find most valuable are the overall humility and inquisitiveness that the article encourages, and this golden suggestion: "I always asked sources at the end of interviews about other people they thought I should interview for a specific story. That question usually resulted in me lining up an interview with someone I might never have thought of interviewing before."

Remember to ask, who else should I talk to? What else should I read? What blog or magazine (yes, magazine!) should I subscribe to in order to stay informed?

I tend to reflect on finished manuscripts long after they're published, and stay in touch with authors about updates in their fields. Writing is relationship-building and so much more.

Hope you enjoy this and let me know whether you did.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you leave a comment, it better fucking be witty.